Click on the link above and view the BtN story on the recent earthquake in Nepal. Then you need to answer the following questions in your English books.
1. Before you watch this story record in your books what you already know about Earthquakes?
2. What magnitude was the earthquake in Nepal?
3. Describe the devastation the earthquake caused.
4. What is the top layer of the Earth called?
5. What are tectonic plates?
6. Where do most earthquakes occur?
7. How quickly do tectonic plates move?
8. Why are big earthquakes unlikely to occur in Australia?
9. What do the people of Nepal need help with?
10. How did this story make you feel?
11. Research Question: Where have we had an earthquake in Australia? When did this occur? What was the magnitude?