Before you view this BtN story you need to write what you already understand about democracy. Following that you will need to watch the BtN story ‘What is Democracy?’ and complete the following comprehension questions.
1. Before you watch the BtN story, record what you know about democracy.
2. What happened in ancient Greece that led to people wanting a say in decision making?
3. The word `democracy’ comes from which two words?
4. Monarchies became popular in the Middle Ages. Explain what a monarchy is.
5. Why was Magna Carta an important document?
6. In Australia we have something called a ________________ democracy.
7. Who represents us in parliament?
8. What are the values that form the basis of democracy in Australia?
9. Give an example of another form of government.
10. What do you understand more clearly about democracy?