Click on the link above the view the BtN story ‘History of Voting’. After watching the clip answer the following discussion questions in your language book. Remember to proof read and edit your spelling and punctuation.
1. Who was allowed to vote in Australia in the 1800s?
2. What does suffrage mean?
3. Who were the suffragettes?
4. When did women get the right to vote in Australia?
5. When did all Indigenous people get the right to vote in federal
6. In which year did the voting age change from 21 to 18 years of age?
7. Voting in Australia is not compulsory. True or false?
8. Do you think the right to vote is important? Explain your answer.