ANZAC Day 2018

Each year on April 25th we commemorate ANZAC Day. This year is the 103rd anniversary of the ANZAC landings at Gallipoli. This year is also significant as it is also the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One.

What does ANZAC Day mean to you and your family? What will you and your family do this year to commemorate ANZAC Day? Will you attend the dawn service at the Shrine of Remembrance or take part in a local march? What have you learnt about ANZAC Day and its importance in Australia? Write your response as a comment.

14 Comments on ANZAC Day 2018

1. Hayden
    April 24, 2018 at 5:48 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

This ANZAC Day I am doing the ANZAC March and watching the footy with my family.

From Hayden

2. Roxie
    April 24, 2018 at 8:33 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

I some times go to Craigieburn and see our nana and go to the march.
    Lest we forget.
    Roxie

3. Lily
    April 24, 2018 at 9:08 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,
    On Anzac Day we normally watch the football on TV and sometimes have someone over or visit them.

This year we are going to visit my Nanny Ralda up at Frankston Hospital.
    We won’t be going to the dawn service or doing the march this year.
    My family still remember the people who fought in the war and thank them for making us a free country.

From Lily.

4. Jade
    April 25, 2018 at 1:04 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

I am going to watch the football and I hope Collingwood wins. Also I might get to make Anzac biscuits and nachos. I hope you are having a great day too.

From Jade

5. Ciara
    April 25, 2018 at 1:13 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith

Today I am going to make Anzac biscuits with my family then I am going to walk
    to the park with my mum’s army hat and medals.
    Hope you have a good evening.

From Ciara

6. Cara
    April 25, 2018 at 2:56 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith

Today is ANZAC day. We did not do the march but we are making ANZAC biscuits and watching the football.

From Cara

7. Ethem
    April 25, 2018 at 4:09 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith

My family usually don’t do anything exciting. We just watch the footy on TV. Every few years or so we go a local march. I still think about the people who fought in the war years ago.

Ethem

8. ᒪᗩᑌᖇEᑎ
    April 25, 2018 at 7:02 am (4 months ago)

ᗪEᗩᖇ ᗰᖇ ᔕᗰITᕼ

ᗰE ᗩᑎᗪ ᗰY ᖴᗩᗰIᒪY ᗪOᑎ’T ᗪO ᗰᑌᑕᕼ ᖴOᖇ ᗩᑎᘔᗩᑕ ᗪᗩY ᗯE ᔕOᗰETIᗰEᔕ ᗷᗩKE ᗩᑎᘔᗩᑕ ᗷIᔕᑕᑌITᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ Oᑎ TᕼE ᖇᗩᖇE OᑕᑕᗩᔕIOᑎ ᗯE GO Oᑎ ᗩ ᗰᗩᖇᑕᕼ ᗷᑌT ᗯE ᑎEᐯEᖇ ᖇEᗩᒪᒪY GO TO ᗪᗩᗯᑎ ᔕEᖇᐯIᑕE ᗩᔕ ᗰᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᗩᗪ ᒪIKE TO ᔕᒪEEᑭ TIᒪᒪ ᒪᗩTE ᗯE ᔕTIᒪᒪ TᕼIᑎK ᗩᗷOᑌT TᕼE ᔕOᒪᗪIEᖇᔕ TᕼᗩT ᖴOᑌGᕼT ᖴOᖇ Oᑌᖇ ᑕOᑌᑎTᖇY.

ᒪᗩᑌᖇEᑎ

9. Thevni
    April 25, 2018 at 8:21 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith

My family and I don’t do much for Anzac Day. We don’t go to the march or the dawn service. But…..we still commemorate the soldiers who fought for Australia. We also respect them….though we don’t know any of the soldiers.

Thevni

10. Eve
    April 25, 2018 at 9:00 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

My family aren’t doing much for ANZAC day although some of my Mum’s friends are coming over and that’s all we are doing.

Eve

11. Sd
    April 25, 2018 at 10:25 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

On ANZAC day I watched parts of the dawn service and how the other Australian states commemorated ANZAC day. I found it really interesting that 100 years ago WW1 ended. I also read a book about Gallipoli which I will bring to school tomorrow.

Lest we forget.

From Nath

12. Alen
    April 25, 2018 at 12:27 pm (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

On Anzac day, my family talked about the brave soldiers who fought in WW1. My brother told me about WW1. It was interesting. We ate Anzac biscuits. They were delicious.

Alen

13. Alisha
    April 25, 2018 at 10:23 pm (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

This ANZAC day my dad and I are watching the footy and my mum and brother are going to the Rugby.

Alisha

14. Benjamin
    April 26, 2018 at 10:59 am (4 months ago)

Dear Mr Smith,

Anzac Day is when my grandpa marches because his dad was in World War One and also we watch the footy. We had one minute of silence to pay respect to the men who died so that’s what Anzac Day means to my family.

Benjamin