Click on the link above to view the BtN story ‘Volcanoes Explained’. After you’ve watched the story you need to answer the following questions in your language books.
- Where in the world have we recently seen volcanic eruptions?
- What does Volcan de Fuego mean?
- Complete this sentence. The Volcan de Fuego sent _____ and molten _______ 10 kms into the air.
- What impact have the volcanic eruptions had on people and the environment?
- What is magma?
- There aren’t any active volcanoes in Australia. True or false? Why/Why not?
- What is the Ring of Fire?
- Describe the difference between a Hawaiian eruption and a pyroclastic flow.