Click on the link above to view the BtN story ‘Parliament House’. Once you’ve watched the story you need to answer the comprehension questions in your Language book.
- Don’t forget to proof read and edit your writing.
1. Where in Australia is Parliament House?
2. The House of Representatives is also known as the ________ house.
3. Apart from federal members who else can sit in the House of Representatives?
4. Describe the purpose of Question Time.
5. What does it mean when the speaker says ‘order’?
6. How many senators are there in the Senate?
7. What happens in the Prime Minister’s sitting room?
8. How much does the flag on top of Parliament House weigh?
9. Describe what the Parliament House building is designed to look like.
10. Can you name two past Australian Prime Ministers?