Click on the link above to view the BtN story ‘Martin Luther King’. Once you have viewed the story you need to answer the comprehension questions into your language books. I want you to focus on taking your time and completing your neatest writing!
1. In Australia it is illegal to discriminate against someone because of their race. True or false?
2. What was Martin Luther King’s famous speech called?
3. What year did Martin Luther King make his “I Have a Dream” speech?
4. Martin Luther King was an American civil rights activist, what does this mean?
5. Give some examples of segregation that occurred in America in the 1950s.
6. In which American state was Martin Luther King born?
7. Martin Luther King led peaceful protests in the 1950s. What is a peaceful protest?
8. Name the Australian civil rights leader that was inspired by Martin Luther King.
9. When did segregation laws end in the United States?
10. What prestigious award did Martin Luther King win for his role in the Civil Rights Movement?