Remember to update your Premier’s Reading Challenge booklist.
Visit the Behind the News website to view the ‘Online Olympians’ report in your Reading Rotation this week. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3527739.htm
The following discussion questions can be completed in your workbooks. Please remember to answer using complete sentences, with the question reworded into the opening sentence of your answer.
- What was the main point of the BtN story?
- Give an example of a social media site.
- How will social media be used during the Olympics?
- What are the benefits of social media during an event like the Olympics?
- Why did swimmers Nick D’Arcy and Kenrick Monk get in trouble recently?
- What was the consequence for their actions?
- What is it important to remember when posting on social networking sites?
- How does social networking benefit athletes?
- Do you think the swimmers should have been punished for posting the photo on Facebook? Explain your answer.
- How has your thinking changed since watching the BtN story?
Welcome to the 5S 2012 class blog.
Make sure you check this blog regularly for updates on what we are doing in our classroom.