Posts Tagged ‘Olympics’
Click on the link above and view the BtN story on the ‘Olympic Refugee Team’. After viewing the story you need to answer the questions below in your English book. Remember to answer the questions as question AND answer or question IN the answer.
Click on the link above and watch the BtN story on ‘Olympic History’. Once you’ve watched the story you will need to complete the following questions into your English book.
- PLEASE NOTE: You need to answer the first question BEFORE you view the BtN story.
Click on the link above and watch the BtN story on ‘Russia Ban’. Once you have viewed the story you need to complete the following questions in your English book.
- Before you watch the BtN story, make some predictions about what the story is about.
- Why have many Russian athletes been banned from competing in the Olympics?
- Last year, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) released a report saying lots of Russian athletes had ________________ drug tests.
- Who was involved in the drug cheating?
- How were the athletes cheating drug tests?
- Why do some Russian athletes say the ban is unfair?
- What do others in favour of the ban say?
- What message to athletes does WADA say needs to be stronger?
- Russian athletes in which sports are allowed to compete in the Olympics?
- Should all Russian athletes be banned from the Olympics? Why or why not?
Click on the link above to view the BtN story on the preparations for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. This story will give you an insight into the final preparations for athletes and officials in the lead up to this year’s Rio Olympics.
After you’ve viewed this story you need to answer the following questions in your English book. Remember to answer the questions either as question AND answer or question IN the and answer.
Visit the Behind the News website to view the ‘Online Olympians’ report in your Reading Rotation this week. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3527739.htm
- What was the main point of the BtN story?
- Give an example of a social media site.
- How will social media be used during the Olympics?
- What are the benefits of social media during an event like the Olympics?
- Why did swimmers Nick D’Arcy and Kenrick Monk get in trouble recently?
- What was the consequence for their actions?
- What is it important to remember when posting on social networking sites?
- How does social networking benefit athletes?
- Do you think the swimmers should have been punished for posting the photo on Facebook? Explain your answer.
- How has your thinking changed since watching the BtN story?