Each year on April 25th we commemorate ANZAC Day. This year is the 104th anniversary of the ANZAC landings at Gallipoli.
What does ANZAC Day mean to you and your family? What will you and your family do this year to commemorate ANZAC Day? Will you attend the dawn service at the Shrine of Remembrance or take part in a local march? What have you learnt about ANZAC Day and its importance in Australia? Write your response as a comment.
Click on the link above and view the BtN story on the ‘Olympic Refugee Team’. After viewing the story you need to answer the questions below in your English book. Remember to answer the questions as question AND answer or question IN the answer.
1. What was the main point of the BtN story?
2. Why did Olympic swimmer Yusra leave Syria?
3. Briefly retell what happened when she was forced to leave. (A minimum of a paragraph)
4. Which country did they make it to as refugees?
5. Who is a refugee?
6. About how many people around the world have been forced to leave their homes?
a. 20 million
b. 40 million
c. 60 million
7. This is the first Olympics that refugees have been able to compete
in. True or false?
8. How many athletes are in the Refugee Olympic team?
9. Complete the following sentence: The International Olympic Committee want the refugee team to draw attention to…
10. How did this story make you feel? Consider gratitude, mindfulness and empathy.
Tomorrow (Thursday December 18th) will be the day for the Grade 6 Christmas party. It will be held at 12 o’clock. Students DO NOT need to bring any food or drinks for the grade parties as we have plenty of food and drink left over from the Graduation disco.
Students will need to bring their lunch as usual, the canteen is now closed so no lunch orders, as well as a paper plate.
Also students need to return their inter school sport tops if they haven’t already and also tomorrow is the day that the Kris Kringle is being drawn in each grade so if you still want to participate you will need to bring in your present. Please see the previous post related to the Kris Kringle.