Click on the link above to view the BtN story ‘Maritime Past’, Once you’ve watched the story you need to complete the task below.
On the sheet of A3 paper provided draw a simple illustration of a ship that was used to transport people to Australia in the early 19th century. Using the information from the BTN clip label your boat and include interesting facts about traveling on these vessels during this time.
Click on the link below to view the BtN story ‘Technology Challenge’.
Complete the following questions in your Language book. As you answer each question you will need to include either the question IN the answer or the question AND the answer.
Click on the link above to view the BtN story ‘Subs in Schools’. Once you’ve viewed the story you need to answer the following questions.
1. Explain in your English book what the students in the BtN story are doing.
2. Describe the robot the students have made.
3. What does ROV stand for?
4. Which competition was the robot built for?
5. What tasks does the robot perform in the competition?
6. The competition is usually only for high school students. True or false?
7. What is the name of the students’ team?
8. What was challenging about building the robot?
9. What have the kids learnt being involved in the competition?
10. Illustrate an aspect of the Subs in Schools story.
Click on the link above and view the BtN story on the ‘Olympic Refugee Team’. After viewing the story you need to answer the questions below in your English book. Remember to answer the questions as question AND answer or question IN the answer.
1. What was the main point of the BtN story?
2. Why did Olympic swimmer Yusra leave Syria?
3. Briefly retell what happened when she was forced to leave. (A minimum of a paragraph)
4. Which country did they make it to as refugees?
5. Who is a refugee?
6. About how many people around the world have been forced to leave their homes?
a. 20 million
b. 40 million
c. 60 million
7. This is the first Olympics that refugees have been able to compete
in. True or false?
8. How many athletes are in the Refugee Olympic team?
9. Complete the following sentence: The International Olympic Committee want the refugee team to draw attention to…
10. How did this story make you feel? Consider gratitude, mindfulness and empathy.
Later this term, you will have the very exciting task of creating your very own BTN Rookie Video. Before this, we will be looking at some of the videos that have already been created by kids your age and learning how to be news reporters and make a very professional video, just like theirs.
Your task in reading groups today is to watch a few of the Rookie Videos by clicking on the link below. Then, in a comment to this post, you will need to write some notes about:
- The types of stories that have been chosen to report on
- The way the scripts have be written
- How the reporters interview people
- The quality of the video and audio
Can’t wait to here your thoughts!